Saturday, 21 March 2015

Recipe: Easy cook Cantonese Crispy Roast Pork Belly

Easy cook 
Cantonese Crispy Roast Pork Belly
<><><>***<><><>
                                                           
Ingredients: 
½  Ibs Pork Belly
tbsp. Shaoxing Rice Wine
½ tsp. Salt
1 ½ tsp. Caster Sugar
tsp. Five-Spice Powder 

Method: 
      1. Scrape clean the pork skin with a knife. Poke lots little holes with a sharp knife or a pig sticker all over the rind. 

      2. In a small bowl mix the seasoning together with salt, sugar and five spices powder. Brush the wine into the flesh, then coat well with the seasoning. Leave the pork to dry overnight… in  a warm airing cupboard, in the fridge or hang next to a warm radiator.

      3. To roast, preheat oven to 220c, place foil on top a roasting tray, season the pork rind with salt. Place belly pork flesh side down on the foil, roast in the centre of the oven for 45 to 50 mins. Allow to cool before cut into bite size pieces.  


  
  

***

6 comments:

Tamago said...

Recipe sounds very simple but the dish looks gorgeous and delicious!

Mei Kuen Wong said...

Thank you for your comment Tamago! :-)

Michiko Johnson said...

Hi Mei!
I thinking of the sounds same that way just wating for next new one!
Sorry about my situation for you!
Have a nice time!
Michiko

Mei Kuen Wong said...

The sounds from the crackling? :-) I don't understand you Michiko! But I hope you're keeping well. Warm hugs!

Linda Kay said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, so I came over to see you as well. I'll add you to my list of blogs to follow!

Linda said...

The presentation is lovely and it sounds really good! Thank you so much for sharing, and thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind comment. You are welcome anytime. :)